Hi,

In message "Re: Default argument values for blocks"
    on Wed, 12 Oct 2005 20:46:53 +0900, Martin DeMello <martindemello / yahoo.com> writes:

|Why not \ as in Haskell instead? Looks much more like the actual letter
|lambda (which is what motivated its use in Haskell) and is two
|keystrokes less to type (counting the shift for >).

A backslash is the most unfortunate character, which is caught by yen
sign problem.  In Japanese encoding, appearance of the character
varies font to font.  On some font (e.g. on my Emacs) it is shown as a
backslash, on other font (e.g. on my Firefox), it is shown as a
Japanese currency sign, Yen (two dashes over captal Y).  Indeed, a
backslash can reminds me lambda, but yen sign does not have any clue
for lambda.  This must be a tiny problem for non Japanese.

							matz.