I need TDB because it is the fastest hash db. The second reason is that it
is really crash-resistant
(especially in comparison with QDBM).

http://sourceforge.net/projects/tdb :

> TDB is a Trivial Database. In concept, it is very much like GDBM,and
> BSD's DB except that it allows multiple simultaneous writers and uses
> lockinginternally to keep writers from trampling on each other.TDB is
> also extremely small.

I've had a look to tdb's code and how to write a ruby binding.
I'm not C fun but I don't think I'm unable to write it.
It's all about time :-))

jan