Mark Volkmann wrote:
> > > Can you _please_ take vim-ruby related stuff to the vim-ruby
> > > mailing-list
> >
> > Can someone point me to where I can go to subscribe to this?  I found
> > http://rubyforge.org/mail/?group_id=16, but this looks like a list for
> > people developing vim-ruby instead of for users to ask questions. It
> > is described as "Development and project management of the vim-ruby
> > project".

I created that list and intended it to be for developers.  User
questions are welcome on the list, but I reckon user questions (of the
vim-ruby stuff) are welcome on this list as well.  I think it's
unreasonable to expect everyone to join a separate mailing list for
every package they use.  Furthermore, Vim is a popular editor, so
discussing Ruby-related aspects of its use is likely to be of interest
to a lot of readers of this group.

And I don't echo the RTFM stuff, either.  A question from a reasonable
person means something wasn't clear to a user that was clear to a
developer.  The sensible resolution: developer thanks user and tries to
make the software clearer in what it's doing, or whatever.  So thanks,
Mark.

Finally, Nikolai mentioned familiarity with Unix as a prerequisite for
using vim-ruby.  I'm sure people who use Vim on Windows (like me) will
be a little surprised.

Regards,
Gavin