On Mon, Oct 10, 2005 at 03:50:11AM +0900, Edgardo Hames wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm looking for a nice parser generator which given an EBNF grammar
> can build an AST and Rockit seems a very good option. However, I keep
> getting errors when trying to run the examples on Ruby 1.8. I've also
> seen some other people complaining on the list because they run into
> similar problems. Is this project dead? What other options can I
> choose from?

racc: nice and simple, runtime included in default Ruby distribution
(...though not the generator itself).

http://i.loveruby.net/en/man/racc/grammar.html appears to have a
tutorial.

Download http://www.wingding.demon.nl/ -> Rpay2 for an example for
actual usage.

--
never attribute to a conspiracy which can be explained by incompetence