> As a side note, are there any San Diego natives who can give us
> tourists a few tips on good bars, restaurants, etc. in San Diego?
> Especially places close to the hotel. Such tips would be much
> appreciated.

There are a bunch of good food options right near the hotel. On El Cajon
Blvd, within a few blocks:

    * Dao Sun is a good Japanese/Vietnamese noodle shop.
    * Harar serves yummy Eithiopian food
    * Pomegranate is really yummy (though pricey) Russian / Georgian food

Within ~20min walking distance, your options increase rapidly.
Personally, I think it would be a crime if you came to San Diego and
didn't try Mama Testa's taco shop on University Ave., just a few blocks
away from the hotel. Easily the best Mexican food you'll find.

On a related note: I live right around the corner, and was going to
swing by this weekend to see if there's any possibilty of paying
at-the-door (due to people not showing up or whatever). When I went to
register things were already full-up. If not, I'm definitely up for
getting together with people.

Ted

--
Edward O'Connor
hober0 / gmail.com

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.