jeffrey / Digicool.com (Jeffrey P Shell) writes:

> In a freshly-built XEmacs 21.4.3 with lots-o-packages installed,
> ruby-mode isn't highlighting keywords.  Indenting is working
> correctly, and comments and strings are being colorized, although
> whenever '#{' (sans quotes) is typed, the following spews forth into
> the *Warnings* buffer:

To get the colorizing working, pre-load font-lock in your .emacs:
ruby-mode uses (featurep 'font-lock) to initialize variables
conditionally, so if it isn't loaded, they don't get set up.

> (37) (warning/warning) Error caught in `font-lock-pre-idle-hook':
> (invalid-function 1)

I'm getting this too, and haven't tracked it down yet. If anyone cures
it, please, please post a fix.

Thanks

Dave