On 10/10/05, Nikolai Weibull
<mailing-lists.ruby-talk / rawuncut.elitemail.org> wrote:
> Mark Volkmann wrote:
>
> > On 10/9/05, Jacob Quinn Shenker <jqshenker / gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Just fyi, to update your vim-ruby stuff, do:
> > > $ gem install vim-ruby
> > > $ vim-ruby-install.rb (point it at your vim install path if you didn't set $VIM)
>
> > The message above came from another thread.
> > After installing vim-ruby in this way, what is a good way to verify
> > that it worked?
>
> Can you _please_ take vim-ruby related stuff to the vim-ruby
> mailing-list

That's all you had to say.

(and perhaps RTFM before you ask any more questions)?

And now you've crossed the line.

I don't think I'm a person who repeated asks basic questions whose
answers are easy to find. I easily found information on how to install
vim-ruby, but not on how to verify that it worked. For example, if
I've got an older version installed already and I upgrade, how can I
determine whether I now have the new version correctly installed? I
don't believe that answer is easy to find.

--
R. Mark Volkmann
Partner, Object Computing, Inc.