dave.burt / gmail.com wrote:

> I'm sure it is currently quite feasible to do printable data-based
> charts using Ruport + RMagick. I think Ruport would appreciate that
> kind of contribution, too.

Yes, I'd love to see how people are using Ruport so that I can
generalize it and make it easy to do things quick for them.

> PDF::Writer may be better applicable to your situation than RMagick,
> considering Ruport's current stage of development. Check out
> http://ruby-pdf.rubyforge.org/pdf-writer/demos/

Yeah, it'll be a little while before Ruport is "Production Grade".
But currently I'm already using PDF::Writer to do things like print
mailing labels and using CSV output for a number of reports and the
like and it's not too painful.  I plan to include a few sample
templates with Ruport 0.2.0, for those who want to play with them.