Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:15950] What Matz really wanted"
    on 01/05/30, Chris Moline <ugly-daemon / home.com> writes:

|In an earlier message you said we had to access your brain to see what you
|really wanted with ruby. I was wondering, could you try to describe what you
|wanted so we can see if we could build you an interpreter?? I
|want to see what ruby could have been. Does anyone else think this would be
|cool??

The sourcecode will tell you most of my intention.  But parse.y is
exception.  It is a kludge like hell, because of YACC restriction
(and my ignorance of parser generator).  I would answer your question
if you want to implement your own interpreter.

							matz.