Francis Hwang wrote:

>As a side note, are there any San Diego natives who can give us
>tourists a few tips on good bars, restaurants, etc. in San Diego?
>Especially places close to the hotel. Such tips would be much
>appreciated.

_why seems to see something special in the ChCafé® Touristy things
suggest the Gaslamp District. College students frequent bars in La
Jolla, apparently.

I may or may not be able to attend. Timing is of the essence.
Specifically, I arrive in the evening, and my hotel is the T&C, so I'm
not sure if I'd be able to unload and skedaddle to the Lafayette by then.

Devin
Does that phrase make any sense to you? "Of the essence"? What essence?
And how is something "of" it? I suppose it'd make more sense if you
dropped the "of," and just had, "Timing is the essence... of... uh...
whatever I was talking about."