On 10/8/05, Logan Capaldo <logancapaldo / gmail.com> wrote:
> Has anyone in this thread seen E? I get the feeling that a capability
> based security model could be retrofitted onto ruby with some (a lot
> of) work.

Excepting ObjectSpace, Ruby/DL, and C extensions, Ruby already has a
capability based security model.  You can only send a message to (call
a method on) an object you have a reference to, so an object reference
is a capability.

Of course, some other kind of capability model might also be
interesting - just thought I'd mention that we already have one.

Eivind.