> > I was thinking the following bundles:
> >
> > 1. Standard Edition -- Just ruby and the core Libraries (and ruby unit)
> > 2. Advanced Edition -- includes XML, XSL
> > 3. Enterprise Edition -- includes the LDAP,DBD:DBI,  mod_ruby, eRuby

> I doubt the community at large would do this. But it sounds like a
> great idea for an open-source ruby company :-)
> "RedGem"? "RubyCare"? "VARuby"? "ActiveRuby"?
>
> Actually, while I wouldn't actually use those names, I am in favor
> of the idea of a company having a model akin to the ones inferred.
>

> Guy N. Hurst

I think that's a *great* idea! I have long been pondering doing
something like this with python but have never gotten around to it.
Anyone interested in bootstrapping a company to both build and support
various Rubi?

Actually, before I even begin thinking about it... I should probably do
some digging around and read the license that Ruby is released under...
;-)

--
Glen Starchman
Enabled Ventures/Enabled Technology Group