At 08:16 PM 10/6/2005, joe.yakich / gmail.com wrote:
>I have a little screen capture routine that I'd like to use
>automatically if possible when I use any of the Test::Unit assert
>flavors, such as assert, assert_equals, assert_match, etc. (whether or
>not the assertion returns true or false).
>
>Is there a spiffy way to override or enhance/extend Test::Unit to do
>that? (I'm new to Ruby, and haven't grasped what it means to extend it;
>I see in the PickAxe book there's mention of using C, but I think
>there's another way to accomplish what I'm describing.)

Assertions is a module that is included in (mixed in) TestCase. You should
create a new mixin.

module AssertWithScreenCapture
   def assert(*args)
       capture_screen
       Test::Unit::Assertions::assert(*args)

Then use "include AssertWithScreenCapture" in the test cases you want the
'overridded' behavior.

  Bret Pettichord
  www.pettichord.com