Selon Lothar Scholz <mailinglists / scriptolutions.com>:

> Z does exist but is a program specification language, a terrible thing
> that you learn in university. Eiffel is a real language based on Z. So
> we are just adding one or two more letters to the language name.

So *that's* why I found Eiffel so awful when I looked at it!

For what is worth, I'm looking at Sather right now. It is inspired from Eiffel
(up to its name, referring to the Sather tower of Berkeley :) ), but has
derived away from it, and adopted many nice ideas like iterator methods,
closures, etc... that make it look a bit like Ruby. Actually, Sather looks
quite a bit like Ruby, with the main difference being that it is statistically
typed. I often find conventions used by Ruby that are used by Sather too,
although not always for the same use (for instance, Sather uses the ! character
at the end of some methods, but it uses it for iterators rather than for
destructive methods). Method names are often similar to those used in Ruby.

All in all Sather is quite an interesting language from a Ruby point of view.
Too bad that its community is non-existent (although the official compiler, GNU
Sather, is still reasonably supported, last update being in June of this year).
--
Christophe.

http://rainbow.conlang.free.fr

It takes a straight mind to create a twisted conlang.