On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 06:49:01 +0900, Jamis Buck wrote:

> On Oct 6, 2005, at 3:41 PM, bob wrote:
>

> Feel free to ask. If you've read http://net-ssh.rubyforge.org, then
> you've read plenty of manual and deserve a few questions to the list.
>
> Or feel free email me directly. (I'm the author of Net::SSH.)
>
> - Jamis

Excellent! I did try emailing an address on the net::ssh website but
it bounced. I came here after that to have a nosey around after neglecting
to use usenet for more than binary downloads for ages. I'll have a bit
more of a read and then come back if I am still stuck. I should add that
I'm also new to ruby & object orientated coding generally, which doesn't
help matters, but I'm a fast learner.