"Wayne Blair" <wayne.blair / relian.com> wrote in message
news:IZHQ6.35256$v5.2965733 / news1.rdc1.ct.home.com...
> weird - it looks like a case sensitivity issue, because this works:
>
> Dir["C:/Program?Files/*"]
>
> but this doesn't
>
> Dir["C:/PROGRAM?FILES/*"]
>
> and this does for c:/foo
>
> Dir["C:/FOo/*"]

I noticed (maybe this is a problem with Ruby) that all the directory names
are normal when the "Choose Directory" window first opens. Mine starts at
C:/ruby/bin/. If I double click "bin", all the names in that window will
turn to uppercase. If I double click anything else, it will move around like
normal. And the path shown at the top is always in uppercase.