Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:15923] Block arguments vs method arguments"
    on 01/05/29, Mike <mike / lepton.fr> writes:

|Why is block arguments definition so different from method arguments definition?

Block parameters are originated from iteration variables, which can be
considered as multiple assignment.  In the process of evolution, it
sometimes looks like formal arguments of methods.

That's why I'm preparing for the future change that enable <a,b,c> as
block parameter.  This makes difference far smaller.

  * <a> takes only one argument
  * optional arguments can be supplied
  * variables in <> are restricted to local variables
  * it introduces local variable shadowing

							matz.