On 10/5/05, snacktime <snacktime / gmail.com> wrote:
> I've tried and tried but can't seem to figure out how to encrypt a pdf
> document with pdf writer. Just calling the encrypt method throws an error
> about PDF::ARC4 not being defined. Plus there are two encrypt methods. Does
> anyone have a code sample they could throw at me?

The error appears to be a simple bug. I can probably sneak out a 1.1.4
fix soon (but it may be during RubyConf.) However, even if that is
fixed, I have no tests for encrypted PDFs, so ... I'm not going to
promise that they really work.

I'm in the process of reworking a *lot* of things about the PDF
library, including full support for every definition in every
dictionary defined in the 1.6 specification. The way that I'm doing it
should make it a lot easier, but it's a lot of work nonetheless.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue / gmail.com
               * Alternate: austin / halostatue.ca