On Tue, 29 May 2001 14:42:52 +0900
matz / zetabits.com (Yukihiro Matsumoto) wrote:

> Hmm, ruby 1.7 allows you to escape space by \.
>
>  files = Dir["C:/dir\\ dir1/next dir2/*"]

Why should spaces be escaped? Why would a space be a delimiter in this method?

It appears that you can use multiple patterns in this method (call Dir["/* /home/*"] and obtain the files in / and /home), but there's nothing about that in the documentation and I don't think it's usefull.
I would prefer to call Dir["/*", "/home/*"] and be able to use spaces without any conversion.

Mike.