Stefan Lang wrote:
> On Wednesday 05 October 2005 10:13, Damphyr wrote:
> [...]
>
>>Stefan you've done a great job, but purely through momentum I find
>>it myself easier to write an RDoc task for Rake than a Gem Task for
>>Rant (objectively it's the same effort - as I said, it's only
>>momentum) Cheers,
>>V.-
>

> Have you read
> http://make.rubyforge.org/files/doc/rubyproject_rdoc.html
> ?
>
> Rant creates zip/tgz/gem packages on Linux, MacOS X, Windows
> (and probably most other systems where ruby runs).
Nope I hadn't, but at the rate I am reading these days something will
happen to me (there's smoke coming out of my ears I think :) ).
Will do. At the moment I have a different problem with Rake which I
would also like to test with Rant:
task A depends on task B
task B runs and changes (i.e. adds C and D) the prerequisites of task A.
Do tasks C and D run? With Rake they don't (well I say they don't, Jim
might have a different opinion).
I'm probably going to test it with rant, but I think this merrits a
differnet thread :)
Cheers,
V.-
--