On Oct 4, 2005, at 4:51, Eustaquio Rangel de Oliveira Jr. wrote:

> Hello there.
>
> I'm wondering about some things here.
>
> Everytime I talk about Ruby to programmers of other languages, they
> ask "but
> what is the Ruby official GUI?".

As somebody who's much more "a serious user who programs small things"
rather than a professional programmer, and a Mac user, I can tell you
now that any app that tried to get me to use some generic GUI instead
of using Aqua is an app I wouldn't use. GUI design is all about
everything being exactly where it's supposed to be. Buttons that work
they way they always work. Menus where "File," "Help" and so on are in
the same place, and do the same things, every time.

A "universal" GUI could get close, but getting close just means it'll
be insanely annoying because of the little things that aren't exactly
right.

Languages don't get to have "official" GUIs. That's the OS's
prerogative these days.