You can find Dave (?) Pine's Ruby book online (Google those words). It's
very readable, and kid-friendly. Heck, I even learned from it, and I'm
waaaay past "kid".  -t.

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 18:19:00 -0700, Peña, Botp <botp / delmonte-phil.com>
wrote:

> Dave Thomas [mailto:dave / pragprog.com] wrote:
>
> #> However, before you all rush to sign up, there's a catch. I'm
> #> really looking for folks who are the book's target audience: folks
> #> with little or no programming experience who want to learn how to
> #> code. They'll probably be from mid teens on up, curious, and happy
> #> to give honest feedback as they go through the book.
> #
> #Oh, one more thing just occurred to me. If you're nominating someone
> #under 13, please don't have them e-mail me directly. Instead, I'll
> #need a parent or guardian to make the introduction.
>
> fwiw, i myself have a kid whom i want to learn ruby. He is 13 and loves
> to do html stuff mainly because he can see graphic results immediately,
> in other words, he loves to show his stuff to his classmates and
> friends. These kids are very restless, and i have come to the point of
> surrender and to wait till they "grow" up.
>
> So my q: does the book also cater/target to these type of kids? If yes,
> i'm willing to participate (btw, how much is the book?).
>
> Thanks always and kind regards -botp
>

> #Dave
> #
> #

Tom Cloyd, MS MA, LMHC
Private practice Psychotherapist
Bellingham, Washington, U.S.A: (360) 920-1226
<< BestMindHealth.com / tc / bestmindhealth.com >>

Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client (program):
http://www.opera.com/mail/