Dave Thomas [mailto:dave / pragprog.com] wrote:

#> However, before you all rush to sign up, there's a catch. I'm
#> really looking for folks who are the book's target audience: folks
#> with little or no programming experience who want to learn how to
#> code. They'll probably be from mid teens on up, curious, and happy
#> to give honest feedback as they go through the book.
#
#Oh, one more thing just occurred to me. If you're nominating someone
#under 13, please don't have them e-mail me directly. Instead, I'll
#need a parent or guardian to make the introduction.

fwiw, i myself have a kid whom i want to learn ruby. He is 13 and loves to do html stuff mainly because he can see graphic results immediately, in other words, he loves to show his stuff to his classmates and friends. These kids are very restless, and i have come to the point of surrender and to wait till they "grow" up.

So my q: does the book also cater/target to these type of kids? If yes, i'm willing to participate (btw, how much is the book?).

Thanks always and kind regards -botp

#Dave
#
#