On Oct 3, 2005, at 6:01 PM, Mark J.Reed wrote:

> I'm trying to come up with a way to have my cake and eat it, too.
> Is there
> any way to hook into irb and have some code executed every time the
> prompt
> is displayed, like $PROMPT_COMMAND in bash?  That would let me work
> around
> this . . .

This was quite problematic when I was building my own version.  I
tried to get around it with my $stringify global, but that requires
you to spell out all allowed words.

I'm very it interested in the answers to your irb questions, though,
so we will both await the responses from the gurus...

James Edward Gray II

P.S.  Please do share your code at some point...  Looks great!