hi,

earlier today I posted a question about timers and ruby-gtk which I got
answered. In the same mail I mentioned another mainloop related topic, namely
having some action to be taken when a condition is satisfied for an IO
channel, e.g the gtk_input_add_* functions when using gtk from C. I didn't get
any reply to this since it kind of got in the shadow of the timer question so
I post it as a separate question here.

So, I want to have functionality similair to the gtk_input_add_* functions in
my ruby-gtk application. I want to update the GUI depending on data from a UDP
socket and the data is sent asynchronous - how would I accomplish this?

(please please CC me since I am not subscribed to the mailinglist)

--
Patrik Sundberg  email: ps / raditex.se || ps / radiac.mine.nu |