------art_18142_13634723.1128373279988

Well, I haven't used ActiveRecord as part of another GUI interface, but I
have been playing with it lately as a seperate component to rails. The
scripts I have are just using AR to populate a database and run some simple
queries. None-the-less it has been a real time saver.

As the paremnt post mentions, just use ActiveRecord::
Base.establish_connection, rather than updating the configuration in
database.yml. The name parameters are the same as the keys in the yaml file.

--
Lou