Avi Bryant <avi / beta4.com> wrote in message

> F-Script is very interesting; I find the message pattern stuff
> fascinating.  But is there any way to define a new class, or even a
> subroutine, from within F-Script, or does it only work to send messages to
> Objective-C?  Even as a scripting/command language I find it somewhat
> limited... but maybe I'm missing something.

Actually, you can write arbitrarily complex scripts, with arguments
and locals variables, since F-Script has Smalltalk like block
closures. You can't code new classes. You have to resort to
Objective-C for that.

Back to Ruby, I agree with you that it would be really *very nice* to
have Ruby integrated with Mac OS X and that this should obviously be
done at the Mac OS X Cocoa/Objective-C layer. The dynamic Cocoa
run-time should play really nicely with a lightweight Ruby "bridge".
With integration at this level, it would be easy to write Aqua
compliant applications for Mac OS X in Ruby, using the full power of
the native OSX frameworks.

--Al