I have a small script I am using to relocate a tree of folders and I notice that
FileUtils::mv seems to fail silently on moving some of the folders. Here is the
relevant snippet:

           parent = File.basename(old_parent_dir)
           new_path = File.join(new_base_dir, subsection, parent)
           # move to new path
           begin
             FileUtils::mkdir_p(new_path)
             begin
               FileUtils::mv(current_dir, new_path)
             rescue => err
               puts "unable to move #{current_dir}: #{err}"
             end
           rescue
             puts "unable to create #{new_path}"
           end

I also notice that sometimes FileUtils::mkdir_p throws an exception claiming it
can't create the parent path but it does. I'm on Windows XP with Administrator
privileges and the drive that the old and new trees reside on is an external
firewire drive. Ruby OneClick installer (182_15)...

Any ideas? I'm about to pull my hair out! :-(

Thanks,
Tim