Yannick Turgeon wrote:
> It seems that I could use this in the former project. Wee and Webrick
> are keeping state which is a big advantage in my situation. Rails
> particularity of "convention over configuration" prevent me to use it
> because current tables aren't respecting Rail's convention.

You can use Rails with non-Rails-ish schemas:
http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/HowToUseLegacySchemas

> Maybe Nitro would be good for me in that sens? Is it a MVC too?

Yes.

>> As an alternative to this, you can attach a Ruby script to the running
>> Access application using WIN32OLE - I think that might be easier. That
>> would
>> allow you to essentially add functionality to your application in Ruby
>> instead of VBA.
>
> Dave,
>
> I'm not sure how you see things using WIN32OLE. Wouldn't be Access that
> should embed Ruby instead of Ruby embedding Access? How would you apply
> that to my situation?

Embedding Ruby... you can certainly run external Ruby scripts from within
your VBA code and use the results, but the built-in Shell command is pretty
weak. If you want to do it that way, you're best off importing some of the
Windows API. Details of that are off-topic here, but this is a rather
limited approach in any case.

What I'm talking about, though, is easy: Access offers a COM API so that you
can easily script an Access application from an external VBScript or other
COM interface. Ruby's is WIN32OLE. A look at the following page will give
you the idea. (It's Excel, not Access, but the same principle applies - you
can easily do anything you can do in VBA from your Ruby script)

http://www.rubygarden.org/ruby?ScriptingExcel

Cheers,
Dave