((comp.lang.misc; cc: ruby-talk ML))

From: <h.fulton / att.net>
> Scooped again! Well, I am open to ideas. Maybe I'll
> just write a little sample app or two.
>
> Thanks,
> Hal
>

> > The following message is a courtesy copy of an article
> > that has been posted to comp.lang.misc as well.
> >
> > h.fulton / att.net writes:
> >
> > > Thank you, matz. I will do one or the other.
> > > Let me investigate first.

> > V1.8 of the date2 package includes an strptime parser (along with a
> > replacement parsedate).

When working on getting the Ruby/Tk stuff to build in non-standard
directories with the latest level of Tcl/Tk, I discovered that some of the
configuration code (for functions for searching out suitable include files
and library paths) is multiply replicated.

[Oops, semantic error multiplied by ambiguity of dual
pronunciation/meaning -- looks like "multiply replicated" is "multiple
redundancy" and "multiply times redundant".]

Inasmuch as the 11th commandment of the Pragmatic Programmer is "Don't
repeat yourself", this might be something worth trying to clean up.

Conrad