On Wednesday 28 September 2005 04:07 am, Bret Pettichord wrote:
> I'll take a look at this. I've just started to use Rake.

Let me know if you need any help with it.

> I checked the load path in my testsuite, after executing "require 'watir'".
> And i saw that the gem path to watir was on the load path before the
> directory that had the development version. I don't use require_gem. But
> you are telling me that that wasn't supposed to happen.
>
> After i uninstalled the watir gem, i was able to run my tests correctly.

Then I am mystified.  *Something* is causing the gem to be loaded.  The fact
that the tests run correctly without the gem installed indicate the it is not
activated by need (since obviously you don't need it), nor by require_gem.

Does the watir zip file contain all the tests to reproduce this behavior?
Perhaps I'll take a look today.