At 10:26 PM 9/27/2005, Jim Weirich wrote:
>I release all my software as gems  They are installed on my system as gems
>and
>yet am able to test all my software without contortions.  I use the Rake test
>task to run my tests (and it sets up the library paths on the command line).

I'll take a look at this. I've just started to use Rake.

>If your software is available in the load path, gems will not attempt load
>the
>gem in front of that.  An explicit require_gem will try to load a particular
>version of your library, so you don't want to use require_gem in your test
>setup (and probably don't need it in the real code either).

I checked the load path in my testsuite, after executing "require 'watir'".
And i saw that the gem path to watir was on the load path before the
directory that had the development version. I don't use require_gem. But
you are telling me that that wasn't supposed to happen.

After i uninstalled the watir gem, i was able to run my tests correctly.

Bret

  Bret Pettichord
  www.pettichord.com