Hi guys,

I am writing an application in ruby ([U]to run in windows XP[/U]) that
does the normal File System stuff like creating/editing/removing files and
directories. at the start it was all good as making files and directories
is pretty easy in ruby and classes File and Dir already have all the
methods you need. but when it comes to removing/moving/unlinking these
files and folders. I get a "permission denied" error... I check the
permissions to the files or folders I created they look like this:

drwx------+   2 Administ None            0 Sep 27 18:36 dir1
-rwx------+   1 Administ None           12 Sep 27 18:36 file1.rb

I tried to give permissions to everyone (as I would do in Linux using
chmod 0777 filename) by using the code:

f = File.new(path, "a+")
puts File.chmod(0777,path)

but it doesn't change anything. so I thought maybe the permission bits are
different in windows from linux. anyways I spent too much time on this and
got nowhere. can anybody help me on this?