Joe Van Dyk wrote:
> Whoops, this belongs on ruby-talk... Sorry.

I trust the accidental exposure to Lisp wasn't too traumatizing.

Anyway, there have been sporadic discussions both here and on ruby-core
about adding true Lisp-style macros to Ruby.  My understanding is that
while Ruby can do assorted flips and twists, it cannot do quite the same
sort of things as found in Lisp (and I hope a true Lisper here can
elaborate on this); I also believe that Matz is less than enamored with
idea of adding this to Ruby (and I hope a true Matz can elaborate on
this, too).

James