Isaac Gouy wrote:

>>... Ackermann .... Indeed, the Python one still has a line of code that modifies the same stuff as what Ruby requires you modify outside of the program (where this properly belongs!). Without this line, *none* of the Python runs works.
>>

>Complaining that it's wrong for Python to provide functionality that
>allows the program to run is simply bizarre. The problem is that Ruby
>doesn't provide that functionality.

I think his argument is grounded, here. (No presupposition on his other
arguments; I don't particularly care, let alone know.) Many would
consider it a flaw that Python allows programs to escape the parameters
(namely, heap size) with which they were initiated. Ruby _does_ provide
the functionality that allows it to run, but leaves it up to the
launcher, and makes the matter unchangeable at runtime.

Devin