Hello James,

JEGI> On Sep 26, 2005, at 11:46 AM, Dave Thomas wrote:

>> Caleb Tennis has just finished a short book on the QtRuby library,
>> which integrates the cross-platform Qt3 library into Ruby. It
>> discusses how to create cross-platform GUI applications for Linux
>> and OS X in Ruby.

JEGI> This is interesting.

JEGI> Is QtRuby used natively on Mac OS X, or through an X-Windows server?

Qt is half native on MacOSX, it uses Quartz to draw controls it and
carbon/cocoa for the toplevel window. Unfortunately MacOSX was a QT
addon, so it is not good integrated into the programming model.

Does anybody know if 4.0 now support Drawers, Sheets, the round help button,
HIToolbarView and pulsing default buttons ? Is it possible to embedd
Cocoa/Carbon widgets like the webbrowser inside QT ?

It's a pitty that we don't have any GUI toolkit that was from the
beginning designed to work on the three main platforms.