William Morgan wrote:

> Probably the best idea for this type of thing is to write a base Freenet
> library in C (if one doesn't exist already!), and do the higher-level
> behavior in Ruby. As long as you're smart about how you divide things,
> you can have the best of both worlds: the speed of C and the
> maintainability of Ruby.

I question whether that is actually "the best idea" for this type of
thing. If you don't like java or C# or whatever that's fine, but
something is wrong with you if you think it is easier to write the bulk
in C and just do the higher level behaviour in ruby :-)

If you want (almost) ruby power for the higher level behaviour then you
could consider C# mixed with IronPython. Or Java and JRuby for that
matter, I'm just not sure how mature JRuby is.

I am not a troll!

Thomas :-)