I've installed Ruby 1.8.2 from source under Fedora Core Linux. It
works, but when I run "ri String" I get "No such file to load --
rdoc/ri/ri_driver (LoadError). Also, when I run "irb" I get "No such
file to load -- irb (LoadError)". Is there something I have to do to
tell it that ruby-1.8.2/lib should be in the default LOAD_PATH?

When I run the following under my Windows installation I get lots of output.

ruby -e "puts $LOAD_PATH"

However, when I run that under my Linux installation I get no output
indicating that there is nothing in my default $LOAD_PATH.

--
R. Mark Volkmann
Partner, Object Computing, Inc.