On Fri, 23 Sep 2005, Ara.T.Howard wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Sep 2005, John Carter wrote:
>
>> Ok, so I'm documenting a Mixin.
>>
>> Can anyone think of a more sane word / phrase than "The class that it is
>> mixed in to"?
>
> clearly the 'mixer'.  tonic for example.

I like that. Cocktail. Included, not stirred, nor shaken. (Sorry, I was
just reading Larrry Wall's rather bewildering State of the Onion address
with it's Spy theme, hence the James Bond cultural reference.)

Hmm. David's proposal and Nicolas's counter example got me thinking.

For example, the required methods, eg. "each" need not be provided by the
cocktail, but possibly by another mixin included into the cocktail.

However, it is something that could be checked by the invariant of the
class. In fact, it's not a class invariant but a Class.invariant... if you
get my meaning. In fact you could get away with checking it once at the
start of the constructor.

New Zealand

Carter's Clarification of Murphy's Law.

From this principle, all of life and physics may be deduced.