On 9/24/05, James Edward Gray II <james / grayproductions.net> wrote:
> On Sep 24, 2005, at 8:51 AM, Nick wrote:
>
> > hey,
> >
> > does anyone has a basic ruby on rails site with a db like a blog or
> > eshop,
> > so i can learn how this really works
>
> You could try looking at a Rails tutorial, like:
>
> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2005/01/20/rails.html
>
> There was a site created for last weeks Ruby Quiz:
>
> http://www.rubyquiz.com/quiz47.html
>
> You also might have more luck asking a question like this on the
> Rails mailing list:

> Hope that helps.
>
> James Edward Gray II

I can see pointing to the rails list because it's a rails question,
but this question was answered quite well, and there's really no need
to ask it on that list too.
Only other thing I'd have suggested is here
http://documentation.rubyonrails.com/
There are other tutorials, and links to some apps there.
I can understand wanting to just look at code, if you're not the
tutorial type, but a tutorial (or one of the movies [1]) is the best
way to see what rails does for you.

[1] - http://www.rubyonrails.com/media/video/rails_take2_with_sound.mov

--
Chris Martin