that has been posted to comp.lang.misc as well.

Clemens Hintze <c.hintze / gmx.net> writes:

|I also think so! We could bundle all OS dependend things into a
|special module. I like the way Python has solved it. There is a module
|'os' that used to be imported. Then this module itself imports the
|corresponding 'os_unix.py' or another one!

No, I don't think so.

UNIX rules. We have to teach about better world to guys living on
other platforms.  :-)

Putting a joke aside, I think we can have POSIX features builtin to
Ruby at least.  `import sys', etc. annoy me very much. they are among
the things I don't like in Python.

							matz.