Hi!

I've run into a few issues in my project AweMUD in trying to embed Ruby in relation to compilation.  I'm using automake/autoconf, but I can't find an easy way to detect/configure the settings for compiling in the Ruby library (library and include paths, basically).

I was wondering if a ruby-config program would be possible, or perhaps some m4 macros for autoconf, to have stuff like
AC_RUBY_LIBRARY
or whatnot.

It would be a lot easier than having to have users type
./configure --with-ruby=/usr/lib/ruby/1.6/i386-linux
Wouldn't it?

If I'm missing something here, like there is already an easy way to handle finding Ruby thru autoconf, please inform me.  I don't mind feeling stupid.  ~,^

Thanks everyone!