At 01:07 +0900 24 Sep 2005, why the lucky stiff <ruby-talk / whytheluckystiff.net> wrote:
> The out.map now takes YAML taguris.  Try:
>
>   YAML::quick_emit( YAML.tagurize( to_yaml_type[1..-1] ) )

Presumably you mean to use that argument when calling map on the
emitter.  That works with 1.8.3, but since the YAML class included in
previous versions of ruby doesn't respond to the tagurize method it
won't work there.

So to be compatible I guess I'll just have to do something like:

yaml_type = to_yaml_type
yaml_type = YAML.tagurize(yaml_type[1..-1]) if YAML.respond_to? :tagurize
out.map(yaml_type)

> Or I would recommend switching to taguris completely in your code.
> >  def to_yaml_type; "tag:example.com,2005:Foo"; end

That also won't work properly with older versions.

> The long string of dashes at the beginning isn't required in YAML 1.0,
> so I've decided to default to headless.

Yeah, I don't really care about that.  I really only noticed it when
comparing the ouput to older versions because of the other issue.

--
Aaron Schrab     aaron / schrab.com      http://www.schrab.com/aaron/
 As I look across the web, what I find is this vast wasteland that