-------------------------------1127499396

Dear Stephen,

thanks for responding. Unfortunately, I am too inexperienced to follow  your
guidance (as well as Hal's).
I do know however, that I can't open the file I want and load the  program
with it, because that file is just a text file (produced by Ruby , of  course)
  which is then converted to Maple input format as if it were entered
interactively
into a Maple window.

My question actually is: once I know I know to open external application  XYZ
and I know where the executable is and what its properties are, how  do
I determine what to tell Ruby to open it under Windows XP ?
Could you give an example with CreateProcess() that does this ?

Thank you very much,

Axel