On 9/23/05, why the lucky stiff <ruby-talk / whytheluckystiff.net> wrote:
> Berger, Daniel wrote:
> > I think we get enough unsubscribe messages on this list that they should
> > just be handled automatically.
> >
> > What say the ruby masses?  Good idea or encouraging bad behavior?
> >
> The list should continue as is.  When I get an unsubscribe message, my
> rules are trained to killfile the sender.
>
> Remember, if an unsubscribe message reaches your mailbox, the sender
> isn't opting out of the list, the sender is asking to be removed from
> communication with you personally.  If you change the list, you'll break
> my rules and a huge rift will form in the talkiverse.
>
> Cool, great, rtfm,
>
> _why

Hmmm... I once unsubscribed from one email address and subscribed
under another, then after I had too many problems I wen back to my
original email address. If I had made one of these unsubscribe errors
when I did that, then you'd never get any of my ruby-talk postings!

Maybe that's a good thing.  :-)

Curt