Hello Richard,

RD> I wouldn't call Qt Designer a 'half ready workaround'. I certainly prefer
RD> the UI of the Qt4 version to the Qt3 one, but it is a perfectly useful
RD> tool.

RD> KDevelop 3.2.x and the forthcoming Eric3 3.8 have support for using Qt
RD> Designer with QtRuby/Korundum. You can either compile the .ui file to ruby
RD> code with the rbuic tool, or read the .ui file in at runtime using the
RD> 'qui' extension with Qt::WidgetFactory. KDevelop has complete integration,
RD> with Qt Designer as a KPart component, while Eric3 starts the Qt Designer
RD> app when you click on a .ui file in the project.

It is still far from what people expect. There is IMHO no direct GUI <->
Code interaction as for example Delphi or other tools offer (if i'm
wrong here please correct me). Having QtDesigner embedded in the
IDE window is not something that i would call "integrated". This word
should describe the workflow and there you can find the problem.

But i have a very special opinion here, for me even Apples IB is not
integrated into XCode - in contrast to RealBasic.