On Friday 23 September 2005 11:30 am, William Morgan wrote:
> My thought pattern exactly. Unfortunately "mixin" is the official name
> of the "mixer", so "mixee" does sound a bit odd. Oh well, it's
> English---we don't value linguistic consistency in the first place.
>
> Other options are target, recipient, subject... victim?

For me (not the OP), one of those sounds better, less opportunity for
confusion, imho.

Maybe of those, target would be good, and it might often be preceded by
"mixin", e.g., I might refer to the "mixin" and the "mixin target".

Hmm, actually, mixin doesn't sound quite right for the first case (the thing
being mixed in), but I don't have a better suggestion ATM.

Randy Kramer