> Hi.
>
> I released RDE 1.0.0.
> RDE is the development environment for ruby on windows.
> You can edit, run and debug your scripts quickly and easily.
> RDE debugger is the GUI wrapper of debug.rb.
> RDE editor has functions that syntax coloring, autocomplete and etc.
>
> Please try it.
> http://homepage2.nifty.com/sakazuki/rde_e.html
>
> Changes is below.

Ok, here are the first thoughts of a first time user:
(ruby 1.8.2 (2004-12-25) [i386-mswin32])

* the syntax highlighting is ugly (ok, that's very personal and of
  cause it can be changed, nice!)

* it looks overloaded, which can also be changed, nice!

* the console window does not store it's editor settings.

* if I put my cursor on 'self' the 'e' and 'f' are highlighted, weird.
  (also happens with various other combinations of adjacent letters)

* the highlighting of regexp work fine. nice!

* if a word starts with 's' it gets underlined?? why?
  (even inside strings)

* I found at least 3 different dialogs that seem to define the
  colouring of the main edit view (and nowhere found the underline)

* if there is a unsaved file and I want to exit, the dialog box has
  the following options: ??(Y), ???(N), ?????

* the toolbars behave strange, sometimes I can drag them sometimes not,
  if they overlap sometimes there is a '>>' indicator sometimes not.

* the debuger fails on

...ruby/site_ruby/1.8/ubygems.rb:4:require 'rubygems'

  I haven't looked any further yet, rubygems should be there (gem
  install works)

* the ARGV dialog (and other) does not respond to the escape key.

* ah, I tried Menu->Ruby->EndOfDefun, now all 'end's are underlined,
  still have no clue (but the words starting with 's' are normal now)

* Some menu items have strange names (like the EndOfDefun above)

* There is a macro function, very nice! could you please add a
  default key mapping (at least) for KeyMacroPlay ?

* The RDE-Help (Ctrl-F1) does nothing.

Ok, dispite this list I think it looks very promissing, just a few
edges left. We realy need a good ruby editor so your effort is very
appreciated.

cheers

Simon