Bob Showalter <bob_showalter / taylorwhite.com> wrote:
> Robert Klemme wrote:
>
> [ snip excellent comments]
>
> Robert, thanks for the feedback. I'm studying your suggestions now.
>
> I wonder if there wouldn't be a way to extend Net::FTP to provide
> "auto-login" capability with this module?

Yes, certainly.  You can reopen Net::FTP in your code and add methods.  But
is it really worth while?  As long as your module is not integrated in the
std distribution users would have to know it and include it anyway so IMHO
leaving it in your code is ok for the moment.  If you're satisfied with it
you can open a RCR to integrate it (or simply ask here).

Kind regards

    robert