On Sep 22, 2005, at 5:00 AM, Brian Schr?der wrote:

> On 22/09/05, travis laduke <wrong / socal.rr.com> wrote:
>

> Hope this helps:
>
> bschroed@black:~/svn/projekte/ruby-things$ cat rotate.rb
> module Rotate
>   def rotate(steps = 1)
>     steps = steps % self.length
>     self[-steps..-1].concat self[0...-steps]
>   end
> end
>

> regards,
>
> Brian
>
> --
> http://ruby.brian-schroeder.de/
>
> Stringed instrument chords: http://chordlist.brian-schroeder.de/

you guys are magicians, thanks

i thought not being able to rotate was the only thing standing in my
way of finding all the anagrams (permutations) of a string so i can
enhance my chances of beating my girlfriend at online scrabble.
turns out its a lot harder than i first imagined.

oh, and how to i point ruby to a directory where i want to put all my
modules and such?, or where should i put all my modules and such? i'm
on an apple computer.

travis